Candidate for RTM
Elizabeth A Zezima
It has been a pleasure and an honor to serve in Fairfield town government since 2013. I will continue working to keep Fairfield a fiscally sound and desirable place to live, work and raise a family. I remain committed to meeting these goals through careful fiscal planning and investment.
We have a diverse economy and a thriving business community with excellent schools and services. I will fight to protect these assets and help our town to prosper by supporting our schools, libraries, town amenities, economic development and Senior/Disabled Tax Relief. Attracting businesses, expanding our grand list and creating affordable housing are essential to providing excellent value and maintaining affordability.
I am proud of my record ensuring our tax dollars are invested wisely. I am opposed to making misguided short-term decisions which increase long term costs. I am committed to fiscally thoughtful planning which includes appropriate investment in our schools. As Majority Leader of the Democratic caucus I am honored to serve with an outstanding group of thoughtful leaders who exemplify our values and our commitment to Fairfield.
I will be a strong voice for all Fairfielders and work to address the challenges we face in a bipartisan manner. This is essential to good, efficient and responsive government.
● RTM Member District 4, 2021 - Present; Majority Leader, SLMC Chair, and Finance Committee
● RTM Member District 4, 2015 - July 2017; Finance Committee
● RTM Member District 6, 2013 - 2015; Secretary Public Works and Planning Committee
● Board of Finance Member, July 2017 to Nov 2019
● Fairfield Democratic Town Committee; member of Executive Board 2014-2017
● Recipient of Fairfield Democrats’ Eunice Postol Community Service Award for community
● Board of Directors, Fairfield Counseling Services, 2012 - 2016
● 42 years business experience in International Commodity trade
● Founding member of Women and Philanthropy, UConn Foundation
● Member of Women's Leadership Council, Women and Philanthropy
● BA in Psychology from UConn, Member UConn Alumni Association