• Incumbent RTM member since 2007.
• Chair of RTM Legislation and Administration Committee.
• 22-year Fairfield resident.
• One child attending the Fairfield Public Schools and one recent graduate.
• Director in development department at a New Haven nonprofit.
• Former columnist for Money magazine— and writer for Consumer Reports, AARP, Parents, Martha Stewart Living, This Old House, HGTV, and Health.
• Graduate of the University of Connecticut.
• Treasurer of the Brooklawn Park Association.
I am a thoughtful, careful RTM member who pays close attention to the issues affecting our town. I don’t cast my votes based on party or politics. I follow my conscience and my understanding of what’s best for the town and especially the residents of District 5. The bottom line is that I strive to be fiscally responsible while also maintaining the values and services that make Fairfield one of New England’s best towns.
• Appointed RTM member, 2015
• 20-year Fairfield resident
• Northeast Regional Sales Manager with Corning Optical Communications
• 30 years experience in the telecommunications industry
• Served 14 years as Director of Sales Engineering at Sprint
• Finance Representative for Stratfield School PTA, 2010
• Active member of the Fairfield DTC since 2012
• Bachelor’s Degree from University of Iowa
• Husband of Heidi, Marriage & Family Therapist & DTC member
• Daughter, Margaret, is graduate of Fairfield Warde High School
• Quality education in our public schools
• Supporting seniors in our community
• Fiscal responsibility
• Collaboration & bipartisan cooperation between Democrats & Republicans
RUTH A. SMEY
• Eight-term incumbent RTM member
• Chaired original Senior and Disabled Tax Relief Ordinance Committee
• Lifelong Fairfield resident
• 14-term incumbent as Constable
• Democratic Town Committee District Leader
• Member, Assumption-Holy Family School Advisory Committee
• Former Commissioner of Transportation for Fairfield (1981-84)
We need to support our public education and preserve our quality of life while restraining tax increases.
I love our town and am honored to serve my community.
• Incumbent RTM Member since 2011
• Member of the RTM Education and Recreation Committee
• Fairfield resident since 2003
• Past Vice President of Programs for PTAC
• Former President of the Dogwood Green Condo Association
• Former Vice President of Programs for Tomlinson Middle School PTA
• Delegate, PTA Council, Stratfield School PTA 2012-2014
• PTA Council Liason to First Selectman's Office, 2011-2014
• Awarded Young Turk Award by Fairfield DTC, 2012
• Employed by Scap Auto Group
• Married with 2 children in Fairfield public school system
I worked diligently with RTM members on both sides of the aisle to pass a Tax Relief program for Seniors. With bi-partisan support I was instrumental in bringing a sense of the body to the RTM for GMO labeling that passed with an overwhelming majority.