Candidate for RTM
● Lifelong Fairfield County resident; 12-year resident of Fairfield
● Appointed to RTM in 2022 (D5) to fill a vacancy
● MSW, Columbia University; BS, University of Connecticut
● Licensed Clinical Social Worker and CEO of the Norwalk-based non-profit Norwalk ACTS
● Adjunct Faculty Member, Sacred Heart University
● McKinley PTA (2013-2022), Fairfield Foundation for Education (2016-2019)
● Married to a public school teacher, mother of two children attending Fairfield Public
Schools (TMS, FWHS)
As a macro-level social worker, I have a passion for civic engagement and utilizing the lived experience of community members to enact policy changes that improve systems. Understanding of, and participation in, our democracy is critical to fair and responsive government. I became involved locally because I believe municipal government has the most direct impact on individuals and families yet is the least understood of all levels of government. This is evident by the very low voter turnout in most municipal elections. My goal is to deepen my own understanding of local government and make it more accessible to fellow community members.
I believe in investing in the quality and safety of our schools, prioritizing the mental health of our young people, making our roads safer, protecting the environment, standing up for social justice, and making our town affordable for seniors and for our teachers, emergency response personnel, and healthcare workers should be able to afford to live in the town they serve.
I am known professionally for my level-headedness, relational skills, active listening, and bridge building. I hope to be able to use these skills to contribute to the betterment of our beautiful town.