Michelle Lapine McCabe
Running for State Senate, 28th District
MICHELLE BUILDS BRIDGES
Michelle is relentless when finding common ground and working through solutions. She knows it isn’t always easy to hear what someone is saying when they are on the opposite side of an issue, but she also believes listening is critical to find solutions that work for everyone. Michelle seeks to build bridges, coalitions and consensus among her colleagues in Hartford.
RUNNING TO BE YOUR VOICE
Michelle is running to be your voice and bring your perspective to Hartford. Too often elected officials put powerful special interests above the well-being of the very people who put them in office. Michelle will not forget who she represents - you.
PRIORITIES FOR THE DISTRICT
• Strengthen Connecticut’s Economy.
• Strengthen and expand existing programs for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
• Create broader opportunities for all residents to earn a living wage.
• Establish Connecticut as the state that nurtures innovation and new business models.
• Design innovative revenue streams for municipalities and Connecticut.
• Invest in Connecticut’s Infrastructure.
• Improve mass transit by upgrading roads, rail, and public transportation.
• Create employment opportunities and innovative shared use work spaces in the 28th District and Bridgeport to relieve traffic congestion to points south.
• Ensure net neutrality to secure faster, accessible bandwidth for communities and businesses in order to keep Connecticut competitive.
• Work together to ensure affordable housing for young families and seniors.
• Partner with municipal leaders to support regional projects.
• Rebalance the tax code for parity and affordability.
PUBLIC SERVICE EXPERIENCE
• Linked research to policy initiatives with the Yale Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity.
• Director of the Center for Food Equity and Economic Development.
• Transforming feeding programs into opportunities for improved health and economic benefit with the Council of Churches of Greater Bridgeport.
• On Board of Trustees for Fairfield Public Library, supported the growth of one of Fairfield's most valuable assets.
PTA Council Chair
• Formed a coalition of parents, school administrators and students to improve the quality of school food.