RTM District 9
Dru M. Georgiadis
321 Puritan Road
- 24 year beach area resident and advocate
- Past PTA Board member; Sherman, Tomlinson, Fairfield Ludlowe HS
- 4 children, all graduates of Fairfield Public Schools
- Received Sherman PTA Volunteer of the year award 2008 when my triplets were in 5th grade
- Board of Directors; Patterson Club
- Board of Directors; Fairfield Garden Club, Conservation Chair
- 15 year career in the magazine publishing industry at companies that include Time Inc, Hearst Corp, Condé Nast
- BA in English literature, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Key Issues: Fairfield needs to remain a community balanced in how it addresses the needs of residents of varied incomes, property values and school use. Everyone wants lower taxes but not at the expense of quality schools or the elimination of established resources and services.
I’d like to be an active voice for our unique beach community. Our area provides many resources to our town and needs to be represented by a strong and knowledgeable person.
- 52 year Beach Area resident
- Two children, one graduate of FLHS, one a freshman at FLHS
- Former D10 RTM Rep - 2011-2013
- Fairfield small business owner
- Member, RLMS & FLHS PTA, Webmaster for Ludlowe Middle school, former BOE Rep for Sherman Elementary
- Member, Gaelic American Club, St. Thomas Parish (Music Ministry)
Key Issues: Keeping our schools strong to protect our investment in education as well as our property values, continuing to find more efficiencies in our town services to further reduce costs, increased planning and preventative measures to protect our beach area from natural disasters.
As a long time resident of Fairfield I remain committed to doing all I can to maintain the outstanding quality of life we have enjoyed for many years. We have many challenges ahead to sustain that high level while keeping our town affordable. I feel confident that working cooperatively we can continue to keep costs under control while providing outstanding value.