CANDIDATES FOR FAIRFIELD RTM DISTRICT 9
• Incumbent RTM District 9 member
• Vice President of the Public Works and Planning Committee
• Past Vice President, Senior Tax Relief Committee
• 26-year beach area resident and advocate
• BA in English literature, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
• Past PTA Board member; Sherman, Tomlinson, and Fairfield Ludlowe HS
• Received Sherman PTA Volunteer of the year award 2008 when my triplets were in 5th grade
• Four children, all graduates of Fairfield Public Schools
• Board of Directors, Patterson Club
• Board of Directors, Fairfield Garden Club, Conservation Chair
• 15-year career in the magazine publishing industry at companies including Time Inc., Hearst Corp., Condé Nast
Balance between a long term view of town expenditures and needs is essential to preserving both the economic and age diversity that makes our Fairfield community vibrant and special. Governing should always be put above politics.
• Entrepreneur and local business owner, PopIN Inc.
• Fashion Institute of Technology (SUNY) - Entrepreneurship Advisory Board
•. Active member of Democratic Town Committee, Communications Team
•. Captain of the Public Speaking Team in high school
•. Raised funds for Oxfam International; spent time in India visiting with street children & AIDS victims with the charity
• Grew up in Fairfield
• Avid chess player
• “Such handsome, much wow”
Finance, technology, and efficiency.
I want to help bring our town into the future and meet the challenges waiting for the next generation of leaders. As a creative entrepreneur in the communications field, I believe that communicating with people in a way that ensures they feel engaged, heard, and understood is crucial. Communicating about town government and important local matters need not always be serious to be successful & effective. When we approach our communications too seriously, many people, especially younger voters, tune out… even to things that directly impact them. I think the way to get through to people is to speak their language and engage them in conversation that gets their attention. If elected to the RTM, I will bring that voice, that fresh perspective - and my desire to engage a new generation - to our town government.
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker with over 15 years of experience in a variety of areas, including clinical practice, policy, and program management
• Active Member of the Democratic Town Committee
• Married mother of 2, oldest child at Sherman school
• Volunteer at Read Elementary School, Bridgeport
• B.A., Colgate University, Cum Laude
• M.S.W., Columbia University; President of the School of Social Work Student Union
• Member of the Gaelic American Club
Education, fiscal responsibility, parks & recreation, planning & zoning
Fairfield is the perfect small town, which is why my family and I made the decision to buy a home here four years ago. My goal as a member of the RTM will be to ensure that our town continues with its economic development in a way that protects our already excellent assets, such as our schools and our beaches. Fairfield is a special place, and I want to make sure it remains a vibrant community that serves the needs of all its residents while remaining an affordable place to live.
TREVOR CROW MULLINEAUX
• Board member, Center for Family Justice
• Local business owner, Vertical Addiction LLC
• Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
• Co-Author, "Blending Families: Merging Households with Kids Ages 8-18” and "Forging Healthy Connections; How Relationships fight Aging, Illness and Depression"
• Former Board Member, Pequot Library
• MBA, Harvard Business School
Growing our grand list and supporting new business in Fairfield.
I believe passionately that everyone deserves kindness, respect, and an equal chance of success. Our jobs as citizens of our great nation is to create an environment where everyone has the opportunity to thrive.