CANDIDATES FOR FAIRFIELD RTM DISTRICT 8
• M&A and governance lawyer with Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, Partner
•. Management Committee Member, Chair of Corporate Practice, Founding Member & Chair of Audit Committee
• Awards: NY Law Journal’s “Top Women in Law” 2016; Diversity Journal’s “Women Worth Watching” 2014; and Chambers USA: Leading Lawyers, Corporate M&A 2006-2017
• Community Service: Operation Hope volunteer; Winton Park Board of Managers 2006-2011; Founding Member of National Charity League, Fairfield Chapter
• B.A. History, Yale University and J.D. Tulane Law School, Cum Laude
•. Married mother of three children
• Lifelong ties to Fairfield
Government officials should assume a duty of care and loyalty and, after due consideration using sound judgement, make prudent, informed decisions without undue or unjust expense while recognizing that some decisions will directly benefit more than others but with the intent that all such decisions shall, in all cases, benefit the community and its members, as a whole.
Fiscal responsibility and unparalleled education and infrastructure are key components to ensuring that Fairfield remains a desirable place to live. The better we are at those three things, the more attractive our town will be to both current and prospective residents and businesses, which, in turn, will further strengthen Fairfield’s already solid foundation.
For more than 25 years, I have been a trusted advisor to public and private company boards of directors. My experience in negotiating deals and advising on corporate governance has prepared me well for the variety of disputes that one often finds in a home with teenagers and, I suspect, the RTM.
I am a first-time candidate for public office. I am not running for RTM in District 8 because I don’t otherwise have enough on my plate. Rather, I am running because I love this diverse and beautiful town that I spend more than three hours a day commuting to and from. I firmly believe I can provide value to Fairfield’s RTM as we all move forward during uncertain and divisive times.
• Director - Professional Development Center, Westchester Community College 2000-2004
• Assistant Vice President - Management Training, MetLife Home Office 1994 - 2000
• Director - Advanced Market Sales, MetLife Home Office 1986 - 1994
• Executive Director - New York Chapter CLU 1979 - 1986
• Mercy Learning Center, Bridgeport: Tutor, 2004- present, Chairman of 20th Anniversary Celebration, 2007, Member, Board of Directors, 2009 - 2014, Chairman, Board of Directors, 2013 - 2014
• Roosevelt Elementary School, Bridgeport: Volunteer, first grade classroom, 2015 - 2017
• Winton Park Board of Managers, 2010 - 2014
• Larchmont-Mamaroneck Center for Continuing Education, 1970-1979, Founding Board member and past chairman.
• DTC, Democratic Party, 2016 Sullivan Award Winner, 2012- Present, District Leader in Fairfield, 1968- Present, Regular Democratic campaign volunteer in Larchmont, NY and Fairfield
BA in Journalism, Northwestern University
MA in American Studies, Fairfield University
Married mother of three and grandmother of seven
• Maintaining our schools
I feel fortunate to live in Fairfield. As a retired executive, I have the time and energy to help address some of the challenges that our community faces in this time of tightening budgets, concern for the environment, and maintain our fine public schools.
• 20-year resident of Fairfield District 8
• Married father of three children in Fairfield public schools
• 25 years financial markets experience
• 16 years working locally in Fairfield County
• Active member and volunteer at the Fairfield Museum and History Center
• B.A. in Psychology from Elmira College
I want to make Fairfield an affordable, attractive, and safe community for all current & prospective residents. My focus will be fiscal responsibility, high quality education, services for seniors, and support of real estate values.
• Public interest attorney
•. Legal Aid Society of Hawaii, AmeriCorps Fellow, and Staff Attorney in Housing Unit
• Center for Children’s Advocacy, Staff Attorney
• New Haven Legal Assistance Association, Staff Attorney in Education Unit
• Law Camp, Coach
• B.A. from UCLA in History with minor in Italian, summa cum laude
• J.D. from New York University School of Law
• Married mother of two children, oldest in Fairfield public Kindergarten
• Education advocate for children with disabilities
• Supporter of diverse communities
Education & recreation, public works & planning.
As a public interest attorney for 12 years, my job is to listen to the needs of my clients and to advocate zealously for their interests, despite oftentimes overwhelming hurdles. Even though this is my first time running for public office, I believe I have skills that will be valuable to my constituents. The political climate right now has spurred me into active participation in my community to ensure that the quality of life in this wonderful town of ours continues to be high for everyone.
This is our fifth year in Fairfield and, like so many families, we chose Fairfield because of its great schools, family-friendly neighborhoods, vibrant downtown, and beautiful beaches & parks. I want to see Fairfield preserve and improve upon its stellar school system. I would love to see Fairfield promote itself as a thriving and growing community that attracts new residents and businesses from diverse backgrounds because of the fact that Fairfield has so much to offer. I want to see our downtown bustling with visitors and residents shopping and dining at our unique shops and residents. As an RTM member, my goal would be to preserve and build upon these wonderful qualities. I hear too often about how so many residents flee Connecticut for over-congested and unaffordable cities like NYC and Boston. My experience shows that we can overturn this trend. I love my neighborhood and feel so blessed that my children get to play and learn and grow in such a welcoming and exciting town. I would love to work toward building on Fairfield’s many desirable attributes to ensure it is a destination town and not just a commuter stop on Metro North!