RTM District 8
• M&A and governance lawyer with Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, Partner
• Management Committee Member, Chair of Corporate Practice, Founding Member & Chair of Audit Committee
• Awards: NY Law Journal’s “Top Women in Law” 2016; Diversity Journal’s “Women Worth Watching” 2014; and Chambers USA: Leading Lawyers, Corporate M&A 2006-2017
• Community Service: Operation Hope volunteer; Winton Park Board of Managers 2006-2011; Founding Member of National Charity League, Fairfield Chapter
• B.A. History, Yale University and J.D. Tulane Law School, Cum Laude
• Married mother of three children
• Lifelong ties to Fairfield
Government officials should assume a duty of care and loyalty and, after due consideration using sound judgement, make prudent, informed decisions without undue or unjust expense while recognizing that some decisions will directly benefit more than others but with the intent that all such decisions shall, in all cases, benefit the community and its members, as a whole.
Fiscal responsibility and unparalleled education and infrastructure are key components to ensuring that Fairfield remains a desirable place to live. The better we are at those three things, the more attractive our town will be to both current and prospective residents and businesses, which, in turn, will further strengthen Fairfield’s already solid foundation.
For more than 25 years, I have been a trusted advisor to public and private company boards of directors. My experience in negotiating deals and advising on corporate governance has prepared me well for the variety of disputes that one often finds in a home with teenagers and, I suspect, the RTM.
I am a first-time candidate for public office. I am not running for RTM in District 8 because I don’t otherwise have enough on my plate. Rather, I am running because I love this diverse and beautiful town that I spend more than three hours a day commuting to and from. I firmly believe I can provide value to Fairfield’s RTM as we all move forward during uncertain and divisive times.