CANDIDATES FOR FAIRFIELD RTM DISTRICT 3
• Six term incumbent RTM District 4
• Chair Fairfield Democratic Town Committee
• Recipient – Denise Dougiello Young Turk Award – 2011
• Recipient – Presidential Community Service Award -2011
• Local small business owner with five employees since 2003
• Special Education Tutor, Shelton Board of Education since 2015
• Past PTA President and past board member – Osborn Hill School
• Past PTA Board Member Roger Ludlowe Middle School
• Past Fairfield Woods Middle School PTA Member
• Current Fairfield Ludlowe High School PTA Member since 2014
• Current Music Parent Association Member, Fairfield CT since 2014
• MAT Elementary Education—SHU, Fairfield, Connecticut, 2011
• BGS-Human Service and History—UCONN, Connecticut, 2002
• Consistently support education budget, town budget & senior tax relief
• I will consistently support the education budget and town services, including senior tax relief.
I’m running for re-election to the RTM because I care about our town. I consistently attend meetings, actively listen to issues, and support good ideas.
• Member of Fairfield Emerging Leaders Organization
• Lifelong Connecticut resident
• VP & portfolio manager at a Connecticut-based investment firm
• MBA, Carnegie Mellon University; BA Connecticut College
• BA in Mathematics, Economics from Connecticut College
• Married to Carolyn, a Ph.D. student in Film & American Studies at Yale University
• Long-term sustainable growth, which will help grow the grand list and keep the mill rate low.
• Reinstatement of the contingency fund.
• Quality of life.
• Protection of education.
• Responsible budgetary choices.
While somewhat new to Fairfield politics, both my wife and I have quickly grown attached to our community and town. We both attended public schools in Connecticut and understand the value and benefits of a strong public education system both for the individual and for the long-term economic health of a town. We are here for the long-haul and want Fairfield to be the best it can be for when we start our family here. In a time of unprecedented discord across all levels of government I hope to be a voice of reason and civility that puts the people of our town first.
• 30-year Fairfield resident
• Husband to Meg, father to Andy and Tim, both of whom attend Fairfield public schools
• Fairfield RTM: 1999, 2001 – 2007 (Finance Committee); majority leader, 2005 – 2007
• Greater Bridgeport Regional Planning Agency (2007 – 09); Fairfield Conservation Commission (2009 – 11); Warde Roof Bldg Committee, (2011 – 16)
• Recipient of Fairfield DTC’s John J. Sullivan Award, 2012
• BA, Brown University, Providence, RI
• Taxpayer value
• Town services
• Quality of life
• Affordability for seniors
• Fairfield resident since 1995
• Chair, Fairfield Solid Waste & Recycling Commission, 10 years
• Member, Fairfield Earth Day Committee, 2004-06
• Human resources consultant, 20 years
• Married with two teenage children in Fairfield public schools
• Member & volunteer at First Church Congregational. Volunteer work included Sunday School Teacher, Chancel Choir member, Project Manager for garden project to benefit Operation Hope
• Member, Jennings School PTA, 2006-15. Served as: room parent, Variety Show organizer, CT Audubon Nature Facilitator, Mill River Lab leader, and Art in the Classroom instructor.
• Volunteer, Junior Achievement Program, 2016-Present
• Bachelor of Music in Music Business, cum laude from NYU
I am passionate about protecting the environment. Our daily actions and local initiatives can have a big impact toward reducing pollution and our carbon footprint. Fairfield’s efforts to increase our use of clean energy and to increase our recycling are very important to me.
Having two children in our public schools, a quality education is a high priority for me. The school system is actually what originally drew my family to Fairfield. We have to balance the financial requirements of a strong school system with prudent decisions about expenditures and their effect on our tax base.
I have lived in Fairfield since 1995, and have been very involved in the community through our environmental organizations, our schools, and my place of worship. I am very motivated to make a positive impact on our town through becoming a member of the RTM, and I would be honored to earn your vote.