Board of Finance 6 Year Term
76 Bennett Street
- Served on RTM since 2009
- RTM Assistant Minority Leader 2011-2013
- Served on RTM Subcommittee to extend Senior Tax Credit
- Practicing Attorney and principal of The Law Offices of Kevin L. Hoffkins
- Provided pro bono legal services to Connecticut Women’s Legal Education Fund and Lawyers for Children
- Married to Cindy and father to daughter who attends Fairfield Warde High School
I am committed to making sure that Fairfield remains affordable for our seniors. I want to make sure that we continue to provide a quality education for our children. I will work to make sure building projects are well planned and executed, and that budgets are as lean as possible. Fairfield is a beautiful town and a wonderful place to live. We must keep it that way.
Board of Finance 2 Year Term
John R. Mitola
21 Surrey Lane
- Current Member Fairfield Board of Finance.
- Representative Town Meeting District 2-(2011-13).
- Former member, Fairfield Board of Education (2005-2011); Served as Chairman and Vice Chairman.
- Fairfield native; graduate of Fairfield Public Schools.
- Practicing attorney since 1987 with current practice specializing in municipal law; employment and labor law; and collective bargaining.
- Volunteer and Board Member, Fairfield National Little League.
- Member of Fairfield Warde and Fairfield Woods PTAs; Fairfield Music Parents' Association, Warde Gridiron Club.
- Former member of Elementary School Building Committee for Burr and McKinley Elementary School Projects.
- Former member of Pool Task Force Committee.
- Married (Michele) with two children who attend Fairfield Public Schools.
As a member of the Board of Finance I am committed to keeping Fairfield affordable while providing the essential services all of our citizens demand and deserve.
Sheila Marmion is a member of the executive committee of the Fairfield Democratic Town Committee, serving as Vice Chair. She is currently a member of the Board of Finance, served as acSelectman on the Board of Selectmen and two-and-a-half terms on the Representative Town Meeting (RTM). During her time on the RTM, Marmion was a member of the Finance Committee, acting as Vice-Chair in her second term; served as a member of the Senior and Disabled Tax Relief committee; was a co-sponsor of the FAIRTV ordinance; and served as Deputy Minority Leader for the Democratic Caucus.
Ms. Marmion has lived in Fairfield for 18 years. She and her husband Don have three children, all of whom attend Fairfield Public Schools. She serves on numerous boards, including the Mill River Wetlands Committee (MRWC) and the National Charity League (Fairfield Chapter). In addition, she has served as a board member on the Fairfield League of Women Voters, Clara’s Secret Shepard Foundation (supports foster children) and Can Do Multiple Sclerosis. In addition, Marmion has worked on community diversity programming, served as a member of the PTA Council for Tomlinson Middle School, and is a member of the Gaelic-American Club.
Marmion is a graduate of Trinity College, with a B.A. in political science, and has a master’s degree in public health from Columbia University, and a master’s of science degree in occupational therapy from Sacred Heart University. Marmion works is a licensed occupational therapist, specializing in geriatrics. Prior to becoming an occupational therapist, Marmion worked in marketing communications in the healthcare field.