Board of Finance
SHEILA MARMION Four year Term 11/2017 to 11/2021
• Member, Board of Finance (Appointed June, 2016).
• Selectman, Board of Selectmen (2015).
• Member, Representative Town Meeting (2010-2015); member of the Senior and Disabled Tax Relief committee; co-sponsor of the FAIRTV ordinance; Deputy Minority Leader for the Democratic Caucus.
• Board of Directors: Current - Democratic Town Committee, Fairfield (Vice-Chair), National Charity League (Fairfield Chapter). Former – Mill River Wetlands Committee, Fairfield League of Women Voters, Clara’s Secret Shepard Foundation (supports foster children), and Can Do Multiple Sclerosis.
• Licensed occupational therapist, working in outpatient rehabilitation and in home care. Prior to becoming an occupational therapist, worked in marketing communications in the healthcare field.
• Graduate of Trinity College, B.A. in political science; master’s degree in public health from Columbia University; master of science degree in occupational therapy from Sacred Heart University.
• Fairfield resident for 18 years; married (Don Breakell) with three children, all of whom attend Fairfield Public Schools.
The constant state of flux the State budget crisis presents makes both short- and long-term planning difficult, making fiscally-sound decision-making an imperative. We need to continue to deliver value by finding a balance between delivering quality services and keeping taxes and costs low. As such, we need to continue to grow our grand list and revenue sources while investing in education, maximizing green initiatives, addressing infrastructure concerns and sharing resources.
I would like to continue to put my experience to work for the Town of Fairfield. I was appointed to the Board of Finance more than a year ago; prior to this I was a Selectman on the Board of Selectman, and I served for 5 years as a member of the Representative Town Meeting (RTM). These town board experiences, combined with my professional background working with seniors as a community-based occupational therapist, have served me well as I strive to make informed and thoughtful decisions. I am committed to looking at the short- and long-term solutions and approaches that maintain and enhance Fairfield’s value and quality of life.
JOHN R. MITOLA Six Year Term 11/2017 to 11/2023
• Current Member Fairfield Board of Finance.
• Representative Town Meeting District 2-(2011-13).
• Former member, Fairfield Board of Education (2005-2011); Served as Chairman and Vice Chairman.
• Fairfield native; graduate of Fairfield Public Schools.
• Practicing attorney since 1987 with current practice specializing in municipal law; employment and labor law; and collective bargaining.
• Volunteer and Board Member, Fairfield National Little League.
Member of Fairfield Warde and Fairfield Woods PTAs; Fairfield Music Parents' Association, Warde Gridiron Club.
• Former member of Elementary School Building Committee for Burr and McKinley Elementary School Projects.
• Former member of Pool Task Force Committee.
• Married (Michele) with two children who attend Fairfield Public Schools.
It has been a great pleasure serving as a member of the Board of Finance over the last several years. I am committed to keeping Fairfield affordable while providing the essential services all of our citizens demand and deserve. As a town we are in good shape, however, because of the current state budget crisis our town will be facing tough choices over the coming months and I want to help guide our town through these difficult times. I believe I have the experience and temperament to do so.
ELIZABETH ZEZIMA Two Year Term 11/2017 to 11/2019
• RTM Member, District 6, 2013 to 2015; Secretary Public Works and Planning Committee.
• District 4 2015 to July 2017; Finance Committee.
• Appointed to a vacancy on the Board Of Finance July, 2017 to present; running for reelection to Board of Finance November 2017.
• Fairfield Democratic Town Committee; member of Executive Committee as Corresponding Secretary 2014-2017.
• Board of Directors Fairfield Counseling Services 2012-2016.
• Board of Directors LifeBridge 2016-present.
• Board of Directors Strathmoor Association 2009-2017.
• 38 years business experience in International Commodity trading.
• Member UConn Alumni Association; 1978 Psychology degree from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
• Founding member of Women and Philanthropy UConn Foundation.
It has been a pleasure and an honor to serve in the Fairfield town government since 2013. I want to continue working to keep Fairfield a fiscally sound and desirable place to live and raise a family. I am ready and energized to help meet this goal through careful fiscal planning and investment. We have a diverse economy with a thriving business community and excellent schools and services. I want to fight to protect these assets and help our town to prosper by supporting our schools, libraries and town amenities as well as Senior Tax Relief and economic development. Attracting businesses and expanding our grand list are essential to providing excellent value and maintaining affordability.